RFS: Where to put rapidly changing problems and solutions

Alasal myrealemail at alasal.be
Fri Sep 5 21:36:56 CEST 2008

Michael Shiloh wrote:

> Clearly it will be hard to keep all 5 distros up to date.
>
> I was thinking just this morning it would be nice if each distro had a
> (passionate) person responsible for keeping the known issues up to date.
> Any volunteers?

I'm actually already doing something similar on my blog. I keep track of the
bugs I stumble on or I have experienced. Each time I can do opkg update //
opkg upgrade on my om 2008.8 (update) distribution, I make a new blog entry.
In that blog entry I describe what's solved, the new things I've found and
what remains the same.

I've begun on 1 sept (always a good date to start something)
First review:
http://onlinedev.blogspot.com/2008/09/openmoko-om20088-status-review.html
Second review:
http://onlinedev.blogspot.com/2008/09/openmoko-om20088-status-review_04.html

and now I'm anxiously waiting for the next update, because I've noticed
there were some merges from testing into the stable branch. (btw. how long
does it take before the new packages can be retrieved with opkg upgrade?)