Propositions on categories

Minh Ha Duong haduong at centre-cired.fr
Fri Sep 12 08:27:34 CEST 2008

> >> Can you give me examples of what you see as the sub-categories
> >> immediately under "maturity level"? I'm a little unclear on this.
> >
> > Normally it goes like:
> > Pre-alpha, Alpha, Beta, Production/Stable (i.e. Gold), Mature.
>
> I see. And "Mature" means "historical"?

Not really, we have to add "Historical" to the list.
Some mature projects on Freshmeat: gcc, PHP, vim
I expect Mature projects to be roughly version 4 or later. They are not only
working well and feature complete, but the feature set is well rounded up,
the UI is polished, the codebase is known maintainable...

> Ideas and unimplemented are both pre-alpha :-)

Yes, we could probably get rid of one.

Minh