Shaking up the category tree

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Fri Sep 12 23:47:29 CEST 2008

Minh Ha Duong írta, 2008-09-12 08:48 keltezéssel:
>> Actually
>> the best top level category for those pages would be the "Guides",
>> because these are guides (most of them), and they are categorized by
>> intended audience. (I think all articles under
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:Guides
>> could be recategorized to these four audience names, and then umbrella
>> them under the top "Guides" (which should not contain articles directly.)
>
> This makes plenty of sense. +1

Ok, I've done this. Not with all languages yet. Because if we change the
language system, it makes no sense to create a lot of new language
specific parent categories.

So now "Guides" is a category holder, it has the 4 "intended audience"
categories, please do not assign articles directly to Guides.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:Guides

A total of 160 category reassign changes :-) resulted in killing the
"Documentation" category too. Including all language versions. (Again:
where language version did not exist for the destination category,
articles have been moved to English destination category.)

The category "tree" is "broken" for language versions, I assign to
parent category only where no new category is needed (because we will
probably trash all those soon). (E.g. Guides/de is not assigned to
Categories/de similar to Guides(/en) in Categories(/en) because
Categories/de is missing yet.

(I moved the emptied categories to Speedy Deletion, someone please take
a look before people starts adding content again. :-) ) (All languages
of Documentation, Information and Openmoko categories.)

Regards,