Propositions on categories

Ferenc Veres lion at
Sat Sep 13 12:04:11 CEST 2008

Minh Ha Duong wrote:
>> would be more useful. (I don't know how difficult is to change that
>> link, maybe a theme template file must be edited...)
> You mean this bug:
> It seems to have been fixed, but the fix described above do not shows up when
> I look at

Thanks for the research, hehe, good job. :-)

It does show up on your link:

'pagecategories' => 'Categories',
'pagecategorieslink' => 'Special:Categories',

Seeing the SVN diff of the mentioned revision in the bug fix, these are
the two settings(?) to edit, if we agree. I vote for

'pagecategorieslink' => 'Category:Categories',

same reasons as the mediawiki bug #461 explains:

Comment  #3 From JePe  2006-10-30 14:09:18 UTC
"On category pages in big wikis it is linking to a page with only the
first 50 categories from thousands of categories. So most visitors are
directed to a useless page when they are searching for other categories."