RFC: Kill category "software" (was: Re: Category:Technical gone)

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Mon Sep 15 06:07:50 CEST 2008

Ferenc Veres wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last chance to read the original category description:
>
> "This category has contents that are primarily technically oriented,
> that are not intimately related to Openmoko (e.g. do not fit well in the
> other categories). "
>
> Of course the most of the linked articles didn't fall under these terms.
> ;-) Bye bye.
>
> Subcategories had a lot of parents already, so I simply kept those in
> most cases.

Thanks for an excellent job. Well done.

> Exception is "Software (non-openmoko)" which is homeless now,
> temporarily in the main category. (Maybe we could check contents and
> decide to kill this category too, because that has an uncertain
> description too, and there are many existing articles which are either:

+1 for killing software as well. I think we discussed this a little  or
at least it's been suggested before. Most of the wiki is software, with
very little exception. To my eyes, no information is gained by putting
e.g. "GPS" and "Applications" under software.

Discussion?