Python programs (or other script language) on wiki?

Minh Ha Duong haduong at
Fri Sep 19 12:09:43 CEST 2008

Le vendredi 19 septembre 2008, Wolfgang Spraul a écrit :
> I had this idea recently to put a simple Python script (program) on a
> page, and have it packaged into an .opk file on the
> backend, to show up in the repository at
> We could define a special category for that, and then all wiki pages
> in that category would be treated as script programs and show up as
> packages (one for each wiki page) in the repository.
> What do you think?

We agreed that was a good idea.

I suggested to elaborate on
but no time to do it.

A simple Python script is as well. This one seems to do the job:

It's probably not worth the space saving to create a special category in order
to tag pages to be downloaded. Just give a list of (sub)categories to the
script, and have it slurp them whole.

What is the point of having one package per page anyway ?
We need facts to decide:
1/ how big would be a package with all the wiki ?
2/ same question excluding media files ?

Minh HA DUONG, Chargé de Recherche, CNRS
CIRED, Centre International de Recherches sur l'Environnement et le