RFC: delete "hardware" and "Neo 1973" from "Navigation" box (also add FAQ and applications, and repurpose applications)

Minh Ha Duong haduong at centre-cired.fr
Fri Sep 19 22:25:06 CEST 2008

> I mean, that we have too many Applications list pages. They are listed as:

 Yes, everybody agrees to that.

> Please don't try to enforce a desktop system start menu. GPS
> Applications is an EXCELLENT entry in Applications even if it's not
> listed in FreeDesktop.org menu.

 Okay, I am not trying to enforce. You noticed that I wrote on the page "Our
reference standard" , but I did not write that we SHOULD follow that
standard. Actually, we are writing our own standards at "freesmartphone.org"
and not "freedesktop.org." .

Nevertheless, if someone wants to open a bug at freedesktop.org. because they
don't have an appropriate category for GPS applications...

> I am sure that many people clicks that after opening "Applications"
> category.

 ?? You have data ??

--
Minh HA DUONG, Chargé de Recherche, CNRS
CIRED, Centre International de Recherches sur l'Environnement et le