Python programs (or other script language) on wiki?

Minh Ha Duong haduong at
Sat Sep 20 08:48:01 CEST 2008

Le samedi 20 septembre 2008, Wolfgang Spraul a écrit :
> Ferenc,
> all valid points you bring up. MediaWiki is not a development
> platform...
> I just think there may be room in the middle somewhere. There may be
> valuable short Python scripts, that are not edited a lot, i.e. the
> danger of editing conflicts is very low.
> The overhead of creating a project at or other sites
> is too much.
> Copy/paste as a technique will be too hard for many people, how
> exactly do you 'paste' into the phone?
> I will try to find out what it would take to make this possible. If
> people prefer other means ( etc) to get their stuff on
> the phone we just shut it down again...
> But we will never find out unless we try I think, and it should be
> fairly easy to try it out.
> I will keep you posted, Best Regards,
> Wolfgang

Given the present security model, I would strongly suggest that there is human
review in the loop between crawling and packaging.

Minh HA DUONG, Chargé de Recherche, CNRS
CIRED, Centre International de Recherches sur l'Environnement et le