Minh Ha Duong haduong at centre-cired.fr
Mon Sep 22 15:45:00 CEST 2008

> However the portals I just checked on Wikipedia looks very
> difficult to create/maintain. :-) (They are too good! ;-) )

This implies that if/when we start toying around with the portal idea, we
should focus on just one to start with.

> Besides Distribution pages like Om 2008.8, these pages (Which are
> proposed for improvement on Wiki Issues) could also be implemented as
> portals, what do you think?
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Advanced_End-user
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Basic_End-user
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/System_Developer

Indeed, "Users" and "Application development" are obviously good portals
candidates. Better than for distributions. Distribution seem to do well
enough with a simple navigation box.

Navboxes probably suit well for sets of 6-12 pages, portals are for sets of
more than 30 pages.

> ps:Minh, I've executed your proposal (delete) on the usergroups template
> and the necessary changes on the 2 related pages.

Thanks. The list of templates still needs more grooming, but we are getting
closer to something sensible.

Minh HA DUONG, Chargé de Recherche, CNRS
CIRED, Centre International de Recherches sur l'Environnement et le