Portals

Minh Ha Duong haduong at centre-cired.fr
Mon Sep 22 15:45:00 CEST 2008

> However the portals I just checked on Wikipedia looks very
> difficult to create/maintain. :-) (They are too good! ;-) )

This implies that if/when we start toying around with the portal idea, we
should focus on just one to start with.

> Besides Distribution pages like Om 2008.8, these pages (Which are
> proposed for improvement on Wiki Issues) could also be implemented as
> portals, what do you think?
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Advanced_End-user
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Basic_End-user
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/System_Developer

Indeed, "Users" and "Application development" are obviously good portals
candidates. Better than for distributions. Distribution seem to do well
enough with a simple navigation box.

Navboxes probably suit well for sets of 6-12 pages, portals are for sets of
more than 30 pages.

> ps:Minh, I've executed your proposal (delete) on the usergroups template
> and the necessary changes on the 2 related pages.

Thanks. The list of templates still needs more grooming, but we are getting
closer to something sensible.
http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?title=Special%3AAllpages&from=&namespace=10

Minh
--
Minh HA DUONG, Chargé de Recherche, CNRS
CIRED, Centre International de Recherches sur l'Environnement et le