size of the Applications page

Michael Shiloh michael at
Tue Sep 23 18:53:40 CEST 2008

Minh Ha Duong wrote:
> Many pages in "Category:Applications" needs to be subcategorized,
> then we can have a nice hierarchical menu in

For Applications, you suggested "Sticking to the Freedesktop standard as
much as possible", which seems like a good idea to me.

I assume you meant this:

Any reason not to adopt this for the sub-categories as well?

> Do you think we should follow more closely

Certainly not blindly. I would guess that the softwaremap page was not
designed with careful consideration, as we are trying to do here. Rather
the opposite - if we come up with a good structure, I would go back and
reorganize projects the same way.