Application template

Minh Ha Duong haduong at
Fri Sep 26 10:02:47 CEST 2008

> You made a template for for the application list, but I think earlier we
> discussed having a template on the applications own page. Like for example:
> The side box with image. That would be on the page of the application
> itself, if it has an article.

 Here is our organization then:
- Each application has its page
- The page has an ApplicationBox template between <onlyinclude> tags
- The "List of X applications" just lists the application pages
- There is a manual comprehensive directory with short (~one
line) descriptions
- "Category:X" includes the content of "List of X Applications"

See "List of Internet Applications"  and "Category:Internet Applications"

> About the template itself: I don't think it need so many borders and
> lines. But we can change any time, so no problem.

Yeah, table formatting is so last century...

> About template content: it looks cool. What happens if we want to add a
> new field later? Is that possible without the need of updating all uses?

Yes of course, I think.

> What goes to the application page? We leave them all different for now?

Nope, let's start moving the templates there.

Minh HA DUONG, Chargé de Recherche, CNRS
CIRED, Centre International de Recherches sur l'Environnement et le