Application template

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Fri Sep 26 23:50:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

haduong at centre-cired.fr írta, 2008-09-26 22:30 keltezéssel:
> I think this is the Right Method (tm) to build index pages. So says the
> wikimedia documentation on "Transclusion" I read.

Great! :-) (So that's the mysterious word, what I could not find in the
dictionary. I should have checked Wikipedia instead. :-) )

>> Should we create the brief <includeonly> page for all of those?
>
> I would say that creating a brief page is the cleaner and more systematic
> way. Somebody else can come later and document it. But go ahead if you
> want to add the ApplicationBox in the List of X page, there will be time
> later to make a new page.

I agree that's cleaner, but it's extra work. And visitors will be able
to click on a link which gives no new information than the same box
again. If everything goes well, eventually we will have all those with
full page documentation, but until we don't, we can keep it shorter.

> recursive loop because of the transclusion. So doing like you say is good
> too.

Hehe, yep, I also saw the loop when I tried to add it. But now, as you
also agreed, I changed it to that way:

List page is in the category, as "top" article.
List page content is NOT included into the category article.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:Internet_Applications

Anyway, without these changes the only way to find List of Internet
Applications was search, which was very frustrating while editing (but
would also be bad while reading).

I made some more screenshots and added ApplicationBox templates.

While trying the programs I also expanded the documentation a little,
e.g. feature list to PyFeedRead. So I think I'll work a little more on
applications pages. (Any comments to that is welcome!)

Thanks,
Ferenc

ps: I am so happy that I deleted Qtopia so I can install this many
programs now, Om 2008.8 rocks!