new process for deleting pages

Alishams Hassam alishams at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Feb 3 07:49:58 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 17:03 +0100, Marko Knöbl wrote:
> I think the process of "unspeedy deletion" (the first one) is not
> ideal because of two reasons:
>
> 1) People will only notice that the page is proposed for deletion if
> they check the Wiki Issues page regularly. There has been very little
> activity on this page in the last months and I have already deleted
> several pages where I was the only one who voted.
>
> 2) Discussing the proposal for deletion is hardly possible
>
> Therefore I'm proposing these changes to the process of deletion:
>
> 1) All pages which are proposed for deletion will be marked with a
> spectial template (similar to the one marking candidates for speedy
> delition [2]). This will make more people aware of the fact that the a
> page is proposed for deletion.
>
> 2) The section "pages proposed for deletion" should have separate
> subsections where people can discuss about each page that is proposed
> for deletion.

This sounds alot better to me. I didn't even know those sections existed
else I would've checked more often. Since I don't forsee mass deletions,
I would also like to propose a message be sent to this list (perhaps
automated). I don't check the lesser known pages too often but do make
use of them sometimes, having a message on the list ensures those of us
who want to pay attention have blatent reminders.