OpenMoko Contacts

Michael Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Wed Nov 22 17:56:55 CET 2006

Hi Thomas,

> I'm currently wondering how to implement
> the other "modes" mentioned in the design document
> (http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php/Contacts). I'm using a
> moko_paned_window for the main window at the moment, but I can't see a
> way to move from the paned layout to a layout described in the edit,
> view and group membership modes.

Right. This is still under construction because I'm working on finger
framework atm. I will continue with stylus infrastructure next week.

For now please assume that there will be an API in MokoPanedWindow
that can make the lower and upper pane fullscreen.

So in short:

ViewMode: Just the same as standard mode, only that the lower pane gets more screen real estate.
EditMode: Should be implemented by your custom DetailsView pane. Will get fullscreen
thanks to standard MokoPanedWindow API.
GroupMembershipMode: Actually, this is not really a 'mode'. It will display a modal dialog utilizing
a MokoDialog framework class I've not implemented yet (next week).
HistoryMode: Should be implemented by your custom DetailsView pane.

I recommend using either a NoteBook for the DetailsView (to be able to switch between
View/Edit/History) or make it different classes and just call
set_lower_pane() accordingly.

> Also, I am currently using stock items for buttons and menus at the
> moment because it means a lot less work for translators (since GTK+
> already has stock items translated). However, I assume you don't want to
> see icons in buttons and menu items, so shall I add the GTK+ options to
> disable icons into the openmoko theme? (the gtk-button-images and
> gtk-menu-images options).

Yes, please hide the icons for now. I've yet to come up with a concept
for the OpenMoko icons.

Btw., the MokoToolBox in your screenshot looks not quite right (it's too small),
are you sure you set it as in the openmoko-paned-demo?

Regards,

:M:
--
Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | IT-Freelancer | http://www.vanille-media.de