picoGUI on Neo

Ross Burton ross at openedhand.com
Tue Dec 18 12:10:16 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 08:11 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 07:05 +0200, Mikael Lammentausta wrote:
> > It would probably be much more suitable for Neo's limited resources
> > than the X architecture, although compatibility and code reuse will
> > probably severely limit the available software. :(
>
> Although this is open repeated, remember that Neo has several times more
> computing power and memory than the machines that X was originally
> written and used on.

Thanks to Iain for pointing this out to me:

http://www.picogui.org/News/News_Item.2003-10-27.html

"I'm sure some of you have guessed by now that the PicoGUI project isn't
going anywhere."

Considering it isn't maintained and hasn't been released since 2003,
it's probably a bad idea.

Ross
--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/