MokoJournal and GObject (The horror of writing bindings)

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Thu Jun 21 00:57:28 CEST 2007

Hi,

projects.openmoko.org just got fixed and I started binding MokoGSM
and MokoJournal and I have a couple of questions regarding MokoJournal:

	-Well the naming of the enum doesn't match the rest of OpenMoko/Gtk
	-MokoJournal is no GObject but it doesn't define a copy and free
method so it is not possible to make it GBoxed (e.g. like pango is
doing such things). As MokoJournal has 70's style signals the
question is why don't do the GObject upgrade and provide a signal
mechanism easily bindable?
	-MokoJournalEntry  could we add a MOKO_TYPE_JOURNAL_ENTRY returning
a GBoxed Type? This would require implementing copy and free.

If there is agreement I would prepare a patch as this would help
creating nice python bindings.

sincerly your Gtk newbie
	z.

PS: When creating MokoJournalEntryAdded/Removed wasn't there
something that screamed GClosure? Ever considered that this might be
a signal and to use GObject?