Java Support

Atte Hinkka atte.hinkka at iki.fi
Thu Mar 22 13:52:39 CET 2007

On 3/22/07, Preston Lee <preston.lee at openrain.com> wrote:

> I haven't received a response on openmoko-devel so I'm hoping someone here
> can shed some light.
>
> I'm a developer potentially looking to help support Java on OpenMoko.  I'm
> personally interested in seeing MIDP capabilities so existing apps can run
> out-of-the-box.
>
> What's the overall status and direction of Java support?
> What can industry folks such as myself do to help?
>
> Preston

There is no plan yet, but any work on the issue is very welcome. However,
it's not a highest priority in the community and may not be a priority at
all for some. OpenMoko after all is an attempt to create a platform on which
the community can actually write native apps. I personally would welcome
Java support.

OpenEmbedded already has classpath and jamvm, which I personally haven't
tested.

And also this? Is there any activity?
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-devel/2007-March/000748.html

Hope this helps,