Communication History Overview

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Wed Mar 28 18:08:07 CEST 2007

Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> Dnia środa, 28 marca 2007, Thomas Wood napisał:
>> Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:

>>> - SMS/MMS
>> Do we treat these separately, or just a special type of "Message"
>> entry? We could add e-mail as another Message type too.
>
> I would keep SMS/MMS as one type and email as second one.

OK, but I think the Messages program is going to deal with both SMS, MMS
and E-Mail in the same application.

[...]
>> I should probably explain here, a "Read" call entry means that (for
>> example) a missed call entry is no longer counted in current missed
>> calls.
>
> But it is still listed in missed calls.

Yes, of course.

>>> - "Delivered" flag (GSM provide delivery raports)
>> I don't know if delivery reports is something we want to keep in
>> History?
>
> Definitelly! I do not want to have another Nokia crap just because first
> letter is same. Ericsson, Alcatel phones implement delivery raports in
> proper way, Nokia totally fscked it. Each sent message (sms or mms) can
> contain request of delivery raport (with delivery time set up to 7 days).
> When phone gets raport it should inform user that message was delivered
> (and to whom and at what time) and then message in phone memory should be
> marked as delivered.

OK, I've only used Samsung phones until a few weeks ago when I got a
Nokia. On the Samsungs deliver reports just appeared as received SMS,
and I usually just deleted them the instant I get them. I don't know the
specification, but is there actually a way to link the delivery report
with the original SMS?

>>> - All received numbers
>>> - All missed numbers
>> Where would these use cases be useful?
>
> In my SE phone (and in Alcatel one) press of 'Red' button give me call
> list split to:
>
> - all calls
> - received calls
> - dialled calls
> - missed calls
>
> And each entry has:
>
> - icon of type of connection (rec/dial/miss)
> - number type icon (cell, work, home, other or none if not in contacts)
> - name of contact (or number if not in contacts)
> - date time of call (in next line)
>
> It is much more useful then 'last dialled' list provided in Nokia phones.

Ah sorry, wasn't thinking straight here. Personally I've never used
anything other than the recently dialled list.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

51 Great Brownings / London / SE21 7HP / UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/