The issue of DPI

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Tue Oct 16 18:47:38 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 18:21 +0300, Nuutti Kotivuori wrote:
[...]
> So unless OpenMoko wishes to go against all of desktop UNIX to
> convince that DPI should be separate from UI size - I don't think the
> reported DPI should be the actual physical DPI.
>
> That said, however, I don't feel terribly strongly about this issue -
> I would just like it to be an *informed* decision to make the reported
> DPI equal to the physical DPI, with an awareness of the problems it is
> likely to cause.

Not wanting to wade too much into this debate as I am not an expert, but
I have heard the only reason the DPI on Nokia's internet tablets is
incorrect is because the Opera web browser was broken in this regard.

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/