Phone functionality in GUI applications

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Wed Oct 17 01:48:39 CEST 2007

Thomas Seiler wrote:
[...]

Thanks Thomas [to both of you ;)], that's pretty close to my
vision of how the OpenMoko system services architecture should look
like (at least considering the phone services, I want to do similar
with Device I/O services and PIM services).

This is extensible (new services keep appearing all the time),
pluggable (we can switch underneath implementations and) and generic (we
can switch applications, deploy this in models without screens, or in
products using $FancyToolKitOfTheYear... :D).

> I hope you get the idea. I would like hear what other think about this.
> Maybe it would be a good idea to start documenting possible interfaces
> in the WIKI ?

Absolutely. Feel free to go ahead and launch a page if you have a
chance. Next week I'll discuss this with the people working in .tw
and then join.

Cheers,

:M:

- Michael Lauer <mickey at openmoko.org>                   http://openmoko.org/