Automated GSM testing

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Wed Sep 5 23:43:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

Mickey, Sean and I discussed the state of gsmd today and one thing we
decided that would be a good idea was a test suite for people to do some
automated testing of gsmd. This is important because we need to collect
reliable data on a wide variety of situations, such as different
providers and countries.

Firstly, we need to define what data we need to collect from the tests:

>From the user we need to know:
* name and e-mail address of tester
* country
* local date and time of test

gsmd should provide us with:
* network provider name
* timings between events
* error messages
* signal strength

Secondly, what to test:

* network registration
* outgoing calls
* incoming calls

Obviously we need the user to provide an appropriate number to dial and
to dial the phone at an appropriate time.

Does anyone have any other suggestions about what data we need to
collect and how best to do the testing?

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/