Automated GSM testing

Gergely Kis openmoko at kisgergely.com
Thu Sep 6 14:16:03 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 9/5/07, Thomas Wood <thomas at openedhand.com> wrote:
> Secondly, what to test:
>
> * network registration
> * outgoing calls
> * incoming calls
* GPRS connection setup
* MMS
* Network related settings (e.g. divert, 2nd line support, call
waiting, hide id, user groups)

Do you also intend to test voice call sound quality? Or only gsmd for now?

> Obviously we need the user to provide an appropriate number to dial and
> to dial the phone at an appropriate time.
>
> Does anyone have any other suggestions about what data we need to
> collect and how best to do the testing?
I am sure you know gnokii (www.gnokii.org). It would be possible to
automate the testing completely with a gnokii compatible phone as the
other side. At Siemens we used pyunit with AT command interface layer
to do automated phone testing.

Best Regards,
Gergely