gsmd missing numeric replies

pHilipp Zabel philipp.zabel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 10:13:29 CEST 2007

On 4/2/07, Harald Welte <laforge at openmoko.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 12:07:08AM +0200, GoXbox Live wrote:
> > Hi
> > Is there a way to let gsmd accept numeric replies when sending AT commands.
> > For the HTC Universal we receive "0" after sending AT+CFUN=1, and the reply
> > is as it should because the modem is able to send and receive calls after
> > the AT command is sendt.
>
> this is strange.  We explicitly set "ATV1" to enable string return
> codes, not numeric ones.
>
> This is why I didn't implement parsing of numeric response codes.
>
> If the HTC Universal somehow cannot be turned into string response
> codes, then it seems to violate the 07.07 spec :(

This indeed violates the spec.

> Maybe you can try to experiment a bit more with it, e.g. what happens if
> you try ot set the string mode again before/after issuing CFUN, etc.

Even if you issue ATV1 immediately after every AT+CFUN=1, the latter
itself returns 0, so we have to deal with numeric responses.

> Apart from that, the parser would need to be extended to deal with
> numeric responses.  There is no support for this.

As I understand it could deal with numeric responses if a V0-mode flag
is set in struct gsmd. Perhaps not making any assumption about the
modem's response format and just always accepting both types of
response would work?

regards
Philipp