How to test the latest gsm patches on the Neo

Erin Yueh erin_yueh at openmoko.com
Thu Dec 20 07:49:10 CET 2007

Hi Atul,

atul raut wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to test the latest gsm patches on the Neo.
> My latest build version is 200712081218.
> I would like to know:
> 1. How to update the gsm patches?
you can use 'svn' to get the latest released code

$ svn co https://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/src/target/gsm

if you'd like to update the patch from community, you can use 'patch' command.

$ patch -p0 < xxx.patch

> 2. To which package it should be updated?
(1) build gsmd code
$ ./autogen.sh
$ CC=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc CFLAGS="-march=armv4t -mtune=arm920t -DPATH_MAX=1024" ./configure  --prefix=/usr --host=arm-linux  --target=arm-linux
$ make DESTDIR=`pwd'/dist install

then all files are located in 'dist' folder
$ cd dist
$ tar czf dist.tar.gz usr
$ scp dist.tar.gz root at 192.168.0.202:/

unzip the tar.gz file in NEO
$ cd /
$ tar zxvf dist.tar.gz

then all gsmd packag

(2) build gsmd with bitbake
$ bitbake gsmd
it will generate ipkg files in a directory like '~/moko2/build/tmp/deploy/glibc/ipk/fic-gta01/'
upload gsmd&libgsmd-tool related ipk files to NEO, then use ipkg install

> 3. How I can build the same with the alpha x86 toolchain?
umm..... haven't used it with alpha x86 toolchain
if you'd like to try it, we welcome u to update openmoko wiki with ur works! Thanks a lot!

> I would like to automate the AT command list to AMC project:
> http://projects.openmoko.org/projects/atmycommand/
> Thanks,
> Atul
Regards,