[RFC] phonebook support

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Wed Mar 28 13:38:27 CEST 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 07:51:09PM +0200, Philipp Zabel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to add phonebook reading/writing support to (lib)gsmd, but I
> had to notice that I don't fully understand how the internal API between
> library and daemon is supposed to be used.

please keep back on phonebook.  We now might have three
unfinished/incomplete implementations, and we don't want any further
duplication of work :(

Let me first finish some of the infrastructure stuff, such as the
proper handling of multi-line responses.

Also, stuff like the phonebook needs to be cached inside the daemon to
avoid slow SIM card accesses at runtime.