[RFC] TI Calypso / HTC firmware support

pHilipp Zabel philipp.zabel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:06:36 CEST 2007

On 3/28/07, pHilipp Zabel <philipp.zabel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, fine. This leaves me wondering how to select the line discipline.
> The CGMI/CGMM queries below obviously can't be used until we have the
> AT communication channel set up. A command line parameter? Reading
> /proc/cpuinfo? Different implementations with similar behaviour using
> the same N_GSM ldisc number?

For now I'm helping myself with a command line parameter.

> > So we should actually have 'machine plugin' matching based on the
> > CGMI/CGMM responses.
> >
> > Basically there should be a text file that contains the mapping, like
> >
> > HTC     MAGICIAN        htc
> >
> > which gsmd reads at startup, then issues CGMI/CGMM qureies, resolves
> > this to 'htc' and tries to dlopen() a machine_htc.so plugin.  This
> > plugin then could depend on stuff (symbols/functions) that is exported
> > by the vendor_ti plugin.
> >
> > If you want to work in that area, I would be more than happy :)
>
> Ok, I'll have a look at that.

I'd like to add a 'machine plugin core' machine.c similar to vendor.c
and have it do the GGMx queries, compare with the configuration file
and dlopen the corresponding machine plugin. Is there a way already to
issue AT commands and wait for the answer synchronously?
And I guess the ATE0V1 should be done first, then the machine
identification and afterwards the rest of gsmd_initsettings.

regards
Philipp