project related GSM/CDMA

awesh shaikh awesh4u_shaikh at yahoo.co.in
Wed May 30 13:31:59 CEST 2007

Respected sir,

  I Awesh a student of electronic science department, university of pune,
 pune,India
         I intent to do a project on a CellPhone Detector, similar in concept of a
 metal detector used in airports etc.
   As far as my knowledge concern to gsm and  cdma handset set by the network provider no transmission comes out of mobile devices when it is in active idel mode i.e No calls No sms condition

       Thus, there is no effective RF transmission from the cellphone when
 one is not using it for talk/sms etc. and also want too know the relation between the led blink  after a certain interval of times or so under BTS-latched condition and is its OFF when outside coverage area, do mobile does not signify any
 periodic RF transmission in the order of seconds as i had earlier assumed.
     as came to know about TRF6151 i.e is tranciever where some block like oscillator VCO and PLL
        Can you pl. clarify that this is what is happening in practice? If
 so, are there any active source like a local oscillator signal etc in the
 mobile which could be used for the detection. or any thing which transmitt from a mobile so that we can detect
  Thanking you in anticipation of a favorable response,

                                                                                                                                                                                                            Awesh H. Shaikh