Network informations

Joshua Layne joshua at willowisp.net
Mon Sep 10 20:23:55 CEST 2007

This has been done in Navizon

worked well on my WM05 device (that is an oxymoron....) - he paid bounties
for a certain number of points mapped (for the GPS-attached version) and
then charged for the non-GPS version.  Overall, it worked well for me - I
made about $80USD mapping stuff :)

I think there was a wired writeup on it a few years back, but I have never
been able to find it after seeing it initially.

provided there aren't any IP/patent issues - a community to do this should
be pretty straightforward, but is subject to all the 'problems' of a
community - hosting, etc...

the more community sites spin off of this effort, the more important it is
to have a single way to manage profile information across them - I know I
have seen talk of using openID - maybe a resident profile manager
supporting openID would be a good direction? (I know this is veering away
from the original post, so I'll stop here - not intended as a thread-jack)

rgds,
joshua