GSM modem doesn't power off when Neo does

Mike Westerhof mwester at dls.net
Wed Feb 20 15:25:52 CET 2008

On Tue 19/02/08 10:54 PM , "Shawn Rutledge" shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com sent:

> You posted the atpoff script for bug 1003 and I've had it installed as
> /etc/rc0.d/K36poff for a long time, but it's not working for some
> reason...

Right, there have been some reports of that.  But debugging that old script is
off-topic for this thread; the question we need resolved is how do the powers
that be wish for the GSM modem to actually be powered off when the phone is shut
down?

Whatever solution is determined to be acceptable will be difficult to debug, the
problem being that a) the phone is shutting down so we have only seconds to
gather debug data, b) we're twiddling with the GSM modem mux which means that we
lose the console to the neo during that time.  None-the-less, I'm pretty
confident that we can code something that works reliably for any solution deemed
acceptable.  But we first need to figure out what is deemed acceptable before
what might be a considerable effort is invested.

Mike (mwester)