[gta02-core] GSM modem

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Wed Aug 5 16:25:51 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 11:29:20AM -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:

> Telit should be a fairly direct replacement for the Calypso.
> Option would be worse, because it means that BT and modem need
> to be rotated, since we only have a single USB bus. Also, I've
> never seen our BT module being used with UART.

   Regardless of Telit/UART or Option/USB, we need to answer a question:
How do we wake up from suspend on incoming call/SMS? Remember that the
Calypso couldn't do that out of the box, it needed a firmware modification.

   The lack of USB busses could perhaps be solved by including a USB hub. We
ought to have some room to spare with the removal of the Glamo, NOR flash,
audio amplifier. If we can live with the power consumption of a USB hub, it
would solve the Option 3G vs. Bluetooth conflict and still have two USB
ports that could be useful for hardware hacks.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen