[gta02-core] GSM modem / telit ge865

openmoko at humilis.net openmoko at humilis.net
Thu Aug 13 16:47:48 CEST 2009

Werner Almesberger wrote (ao):
> The biggest problem I see with Telit is the size of their modules.
> Even the GSM (2G) module is fairly large and their 3G module would
> be very big for a phone, with 36.2-45 x 30 x 4.8 mm. You could fit
> it into a GTA02-sized case, but only with some difficulties.

FWIW, I would not care the least if the phone was a bit thicker.
Especially considering the advantages.

> > Is the same case / housing being reused from the gta02 ?
>
> Yes, the aim is to keep the number of changes low. Of course, for
> a real product, you'd want a new case. But making that costs time
> and a not inconsiderable amount of money.

Would it be feasible to fabricate a kind of gasket and glue that to one
part of the casing?

Btw, why would we "of course" need a new case "for a real product" ?

I like the looks of the current gta02 quite a bit to be honest, and last
time I touched it (eg, just now), it seemed pretty real.

	Sander

--
Humilis IT Services and Solutions
http://www.humilis.net