[gta02-core] GSM modem / telit ge865

openmoko at humilis.net openmoko at humilis.net
Fri Aug 14 10:28:47 CEST 2009

Laszlo KREKACS wrote (ao):
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Patryk Benderz<Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl> wrote:
> > I ?like it too, but height distance between LCD and surface of casing is
> > to big IMHO, especially for those with big fingers. It's hard to tap LCD
> > near of edges. This flaw could be eliminated by reducing this distance.
>
> I like it, because it reduce the risk of screen failure when falling off.
> So it protects a bit more the display.

While I agree with Patryk that the screen is a bit hard to touch near
the edges, I also agree with Laszlo that it protects the screen.

My gta02 dropped on the street quite a few times which resulted in dents
and scratches on the casing, but the screen is still absolutely scratch
free.

This problem could be solved with a small stripe of casing at the edge
of the screen at the same height as the screen, and an higher edge a few
mm away from the screen.

	Sander

--
Humilis IT Services and Solutions