[gta02-core] Footprint editor

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Aug 14 17:07:11 CEST 2009

Patryk Benderz wrote:
> Do you thing that a newbie like myself can be useful here? I would like
> to try to help but need some guidelines.

But of course. There are many things that need doing, and for some of
them, it can even be better to be a newbie, because you have fewer
preconceptions.

Open tasks include:

- more schematics reviews, see
  http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/STATUS

- ECN review, see
  http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/docs/ecn/STATUS

- review the Telit GE865 circuit symbol, see page 13 of
  http://people.openmoko.org/werner/gta02-core/gta02-core-expanded-all.pdf
  The vendor documentation is here:
  http://www.telit.com/en/products/gsm-gprs.php?p_ac=show&p=47

- if C++ is more your thing, then there are a number of pending
  issues with KiCad:
  http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/docs/kicad-wishlist

- or maybe you want to try the bleeding edge of buggy new software ?
  Then you can try to make new footprints with fped (or at least
  find bugs that prevent you from doing this ;-):
  http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/eda/fped/README

Soon we'll also need footprint reviews and then layout reviews.

Last but not least, here's a getting started guide:
http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/eda/fped/README