[gta02-core] GSM modem

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Aug 19 16:56:14 CEST 2009

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:
>    Regardless of Telit/UART or Option/USB, we need to answer a question:
> How do we wake up from suspend on incoming call/SMS?

That's a very good question, and one for which I haven't been able to
find a good answer in the Telit documentation so far. There is a
low-power mode (CFUN=5), but it appears to be entirely host-controlled,
i.e., without letting the modem speak unless first spoken to.

There are things like ring indication that may or may not be suitable
for waking the CPU.

> If we can live with the power consumption of a USB hub,

Hmm, I'm sceptical about that. Anyway, we don't need to have that
degree of flexibility in gta02-core. If a future device will need a
lot more USB, it will go through its own set of prototypes anyway, so
there will be room for experiments.