[gta02-core] Good news: also WLAN in bits

Rene Harder rehar at saweb.de
Thu Aug 20 22:29:43 CEST 2009

Werner Almesberger wrote:

>>  * ANT7801 - There was some previous discussion about this one [3],
>> I am not sure if the symbol is ready.
>>

> The antenna is the same as for BT, but the symbol we have there doesn't
> look right. I've pried one from an old BT module:

In your pictures most of those pins look NC. Shall we add them to the
symbol and just do not connect them? I guess they only exist to be able
to properly mount the antenna to the PCB.
On the other hand If we have to redesign the WLAN module why don't we
use an embedded 2.4GHz antenna instead of this one so we can save some
volume. Here [1] you can find a neat design from TI which has an area of
approx 15 x 6mm.

[1] http://focus.ti.com/lit/an/swra117d/swra117d.pdf