[gta02-core] Backup battery underdimensioned

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Aug 20 23:16:15 CEST 2009

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> http://dkc1.digikey.com/us/en/ph/Panasonic/rf_rg.html

Hmm, 6.5 mm tall and ~20 mm diameter ? ;-)

We actually once did find a supercap that had the size of the
backup battery.

Naw, let's not go down that rathole. For gta02-core, the old backup
battery will do. I'm trying to find out if the can use the modem's
RTC to bridge any extended loss of power. If yes, I'd prefer to
remove the backup battery entirely, so that the PMU always resets
to NoPower state when the battery is removed.