[gta02-core] -1 Hardware revision stored in EEPROM

Dave Ball openmoko at underhand.org
Wed Aug 26 22:19:31 CEST 2009

Álvaro Lopes wrote:
> I must confess I agree in priciple.... but this presents some other problems - it has to be programmed either before or after assembly.
>
> And we do not use most of CPU pins, so we can use them just for now.

I agree.  I personally like having real HW revision detection so it's
easy to change the board revision if/when mods are made to each of the
prototypes with solder blobs, and visually confirm the revision.

Maybe we should move it to GPA17/18 to avoid the EINTs, but we only
really gain if we end up using those EINTs for something else...

Freeing up the camera port for IO might be nice, but I think I'd rather
leave those lines as they are in gta02.  Less mistakes for us to make!

I've not dug into the datasheet, but would doing something with gpa0-8
be less risky?

Dave