[gta02-core] Board parameters update

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Aug 27 18:41:25 CEST 2009

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> How are we to use those layers ? Which will be mostly ground, vcc, and
> routing ?

I was thinking of something like this (assuming six layers):

- TOP (LCM side): components, local routing, and test pads
- L1: power (routing if necessary)
- L2: ground (less strict)
- L3: routing
- L4: ground (strict)
- BOTTOM (battery side): components and local routing

That way, we can "sandwich" EMI-sensitive traces between ground planes
in layer 3.

But ... I've never designed a multilayer board myself, let alone one
with RF subsystems, so my ideas may be totally wrong.

> Shall we use OM approach ?

Hmm, what would that be ?

> I also think we can do it with a 6-layer, as long as we can use
> buried and blind vias.

Blind vias should be no problem. I would try to avoid buried vias
if we can. Not only because they may make the board harder to
manufacture, but also because they effectively hide a trace from
measurements.