[gta02-core] -1 Hardware revision stored in EEPROM

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Aug 28 00:38:29 CEST 2009

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> I wonder if we should get all unused pins in some FPC connector....
> cost would not be so high, would it ?

I would go for one or more relatively small FPC connectors for which
cables are readily available. Also, it may be sufficient to just
provide the footprint, without placing the component. That way,
special-case signals could also be placed under, say, the LCM.

Also, let's not forget that this is an open design now. If it
doesn't do what _you_ want, you can change it. You'd still have to
make the PCB and go through SMT, but if this is a derivate of a
model produced in larger quantities, there may very well the
possibility of finding a place that is able to make such a variant
at a relatively small cost. This place could be a factory that
makes the "mainstream" model, or it could even be smaller shops that
specialize in just making such variants.

No need for the tail to wag the dog. Tails can now stand up for
themselves :-)