[gta02-core] -1 Hardware revision stored in EEPROM

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Aug 28 16:16:28 CEST 2009

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> So, expect them to not work at all. What can we do to overcome that ?
> Maybe allow for better refurbishing, maybe split layout in a way  you
> can "replace" parts of PCB with an external design.

I think we have that already to a large extent: power to many subsystems
passes through 0R resistors and can thus be cut. Also many other signals
have at least one component attached that can be used to inject power or
even to cut the signal.

That's by the way a reason to go easy on "redundant" NCs and 0Rs: we may
still need them.

> For this to happen, we need money - either our own or get some investors
> / supporters / sponsors so they can help us at least making and
> assembling the first prototypes. I am not sure what you agreed with Sean.

Sean promised to give gta02-core the GTA02 component kits, but making
use of them is our own problem. I estimate the final cost per board to
be around EUR 500-1000, including all the manufacturing steps and new
components, but without shipping.

Since we don't have a sponsor, that money would have to come out of our
own pockets. Let me write about the procedure I have in mind in a
separate posting.