[gta02-core] New on-board WLAN - 1st attempt
openmoko at underhand.org
Sat Aug 29 16:06:46 CEST 2009
Álvaro Lopes wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just did a first attempt at new on-board WLAN. Please take a quick look. Antenna and antenna connector still missing.
Nice! :-) I've had a quick look, and noticed only a few problems.
For the WM3236AQ part:
- the sdio/spi pins are only named with their sdio use - it would
probably be worth adding their spi uses too.
- while pin 35 (RST_OUT_L) is nc in OM schematics, it probably would be
worth including it on the part, labeled correctly, in case we or someone
else decides to use it in the future.
- On most components, we haven't drawn NC pins, is there any reason to
include them here?
and the schematic:
- R7907 should be named R7904 and vice-versa.
- R7904-9 are missing their connection to WLAN3v3
- There are missing connections between the SPIMISO and INT labels, and
- the PWR_FLG on the WLAN3v3 net should be moved to avoid a cross joint.
- TP7901-10 are new since gta02, so could be renumbered as makes sense
on the current schematics.
Is the hope to use the same shielding can used on the gta02 WLAN
daughter-board? It might be worth including the shielding points for
connecting to the can, so we don't forget them at PCB time!
> I renamed the old wlan sheet to "wlan-conn.sch" so we can go back if needed, just changing the project file.
No need for this - we have SVN :-)
> There are some inconsistencies in component names (like R3,R2,R1). I'll fix those and describe mappings in one ECN.
I noticed R1, R2, R3, R4 and Cyrstal.
More information about the gta02-core