[gta02-core] FYI: fped needs updating

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Dec 2 16:41:15 CET 2009

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> It seems to me that the export to postscript is broken as it crashes
> evince while it doesn't crash with my other postscript files. Can you
> please check it out ?

I just tried it on stdpass.ps and evince 2.28.1 (on Ubuntu) didn't
crash. With which .ps/.fpd file did you experience the problem and
which version of evince are you using ?

> Also I think all the footprints you provide should be in a
> "footprints" folder,

It's indeed a bit untidy right now. examples/ would be a better
name, though. I've moved them.

> Likewise I think gui.html should be
> renamed to manual.html. What do you think ?

gui.html is only the part of the manual that introduces concepts
by means of their visualization and that how to do things via the
GUI. It is complemented by the README, which describes what's
underneath the GUI. So the manual is really both together.

The idea is that gui.html gives a quick introduction that allows
people to experiment a bit and familiarize themselves with the
GUI. Then one should go through the README to clarify the more
technical details. It's not necessary to understand the fped
language, but it helps to know what this language can express.

Thanks,