[gta02-core] Annotations & R7901

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Jul 2 17:15:47 CEST 2009

Dave Ball wrote:
> The schematics now make enough sense that kicad will produce an ERC
> report for us - I've attached the current output.  53 warnings and 4
> errors.

Wow, that's much better than I expected ! Given the size of the project
and being the work of multiple authors, I wouldn't have been surprised
if we had gotten a few hundred on the first pass. Great work,
everybody !

> I haven't looked at the 4 Errors which are all for power_out pins
> driving power_out pins.  Might this suggest that some of them should be
> power_in instead?

All of them are parallel outputs :-( I'm not sure what to do about
them. One way would be to disable the error, but that gets reset when
you restart eeschema. Another way would be to make them something else
but Power Out, but that sort of defeats the purpose.

I asked a few days ago on the KiCad Users list for best practice when
handling such cases, but all I got was "turn off or ignore the error".

Maybe an extension to KiCad should be considered, e.g., a per-project
exception list.