[gta02-core] RFC: Open Source Hardware - Disclosure Requisites

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Jul 23 03:28:12 CEST 2009

I've prepared a whitepaper about the specific documentation
requirements we have. I'd like to use it as a reference when
contacting prospective component vendors, to concisely explain
in a friendly way what we need and why.

A first draft version is here:
http://people.openmoko.org/werner/oshwdr.pdf

The document lives in
http://svn.openmoko.org/developers/werner/openness/

For now, I would welcome comments mainly on content (anything
else that should be included ? Should something be removed ?)
and terminology (is "Open Source Hardware" a good name ? Would
"Disclosure Requisites" sound sensible in the ears of people
who work with NDAs all day long ?). Once that is settled, we
can go over the wording, which could admittedly use some
smoothing.

Thanks !