[gta02-core] RFC: Open Source Hardware - Disclosure Requisites

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Jul 24 09:05:48 CEST 2009

Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> I like the clarity of Copyleft Hardware. The term is not meant to be tied to
> opening existing designs, if that's what you get from our texts maybe we
> should reword a bit.

That may help to clarify, yes. From
http://www.qi-hardware.com/2009/07/10/copyleft-hardware/

| Qi Hardware is copyleft hardware.
| At Qi the hardware designs are selected because they are stable
| and shipping in mass quantities

Particularly since all this is under the heading of "Copyleft
Hardware", it sounds as if Qi's approach was part of the definition.

Alright, back to gta02-core: we have ODH vs. Copyleft HW. ODH is more
explanatory while Copyleft sounds perkier. Do we vote ? :)

Cheers, Werner