[gta02-core] Calypso's last dance

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 24 12:42:05 CEST 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009, Álvaro Lopes wrote:
> A question for you all: if we have one decision on top of the table like:
> "Shall we go for a 3G GSM chip, for which we have enough documentation, and
> drop WLAN module, or keep the WLAN module and blindly integrate our old,
> EOL, obscure GSM 2G chip ?" what would we choose ?

Tricky, but I would say go for the 3G chip. It is a step that will have to be
taken soon anyway. Since it seems like both 2G and 3G will have their problems
you may as well go for the problems you can build on. Meanwhile there may now
be a WLAN option available that doesn't have the firmware and interoperability
problems we see with this one.