[gta02-core] RFC: Open Source Hardware - Disclosure Requisites

Gerald A geraldablists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 16:20:10 CEST 2009

Hi,
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Werner Almesberger <werner at openmoko.org>wrote:

> Dave Ball wrote:
> > Between those two - I prefer ODH.  We are using copyleft licenses,
> > so that's accurate, but that phrase always sounds a little
> > anti-establishment to me.
>
> Yup, good point. If you want to change the system from within, you
> better hide the molotov cocktails and the balaclava in a nice
> briefcase :)

"These aren't the droids you are looking for" ;)

I like ODH over copyleft hardware -- because I'm not sure most hardware can
be thought of as "copyright eligible".

Open Design Hardware describes the purpose very well. There are far too many
"open" bodies that are really just pushing their own standard,
unfortunately.

> ps - what's Quorum for this kind of decision? :-p
>
> Something like 2-3 more votes, I'd say :)
>
> The art of controlling democracy - everybody gets to vote, but you
> decide when the election is over and whether it's valid.

Well, I don't know if a lurker vote counts, but mine is for ODH.