[gta02-core] debug connector

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Wed Jul 29 01:17:54 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 12:48:55AM +0100, Dave Ball wrote:

>  - are there any other signals we could usefully expose for users to
> play with?

   If you're looking for expansion, the GTA02 really only has the SPI bus
and a some scattered GPIOs. With gta02-core, we won't even have an SPI bus
for expansion. I would like to see:

   1) Enough GPIOs in the same register such that you can implement an 8-bit
      parallel bus. A prime candidate is GPIO bank J since a camera won't be
      part of gta02-core and it has 13 pins. With the removal of the
      amplifier, external GSM download and the Glamo, five pins
      (GPJ{3,4,7,11,12}) are assigned from the GTA02 days and ECN1
      (Glamoectomy) allocates two more (GPJ{0,10}), i.e. 7 to reassign.
   2) At least one of the external DMA request pins (GPB8 and GPB10),
      possibly also one of the corresponding DMA ack pins (GPB7 and GPB9).
      GBP10 is a dead end on GTA02, so 0-3 to reassign.
   3) The LDO3OUT test point H-TP1202 moved outside of the shielding cans.
   4) Generally more of the regulator outputs available on test points
      outside of the shielding cans, especially AUTOOUT{1,2} and DOWN2FB.
   5) The CLKOUT0 test point H-TP1532 moved outside of the shielding cans
      for add-on circuitry to clock from.

   Additionally, there are four unused ADC inputs AN0-3. I can't think of
anything to use them for, but in a hacker's toy, they should be available
somewhere. I see 26 unused pins on the debug connector with NOR_WP and four
SPI0 pins gone.

   3,3 V I/O is becoming so much last year. We have a few 1,8 V outputs
unused: GPA{0,11-13,15-20}. GPA21 is a 3,3 V trap for sleepy hardware
hackers but otherwise unused.

   Actually, am I missing something? Gta02-core uses A[2:14,24:25] for
SDRAM. What about the internal NAND flash? Are we using
A[0:1,16:23]/GPA[1:10]?

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen