[gta02-core] PMU review

Rene Harder rehar at saweb.de
Fri Jul 31 05:53:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

Finally, I found some time to do the PMU review.

So far, the PMU sheet looks very nice. I didn't really find much to
complain about, just a few things.

In the KEEPACT line there supposed to be a test point TP1703. Although
with ecn0007 this test point might gets removed as well.

In the gta02 schematic BAT_ID on the battery connector is an output and
not an input as we defined it. However I checked the smart battery
circuit [1] and there BAT_ID is connected to the HDQ port of the coulomb
counter which is a bidi communication port [2]. If we stick to the same
battery pack and do not plan on replacing it, it does not make any sense
to keep the possibility of connecting BAT_ID to the BATTEMP port of the
PMU controller (which is an analog input). Only if we plan on getting a
more simple battery pack with ID or TEMP resistor this connection would
be necessary.
So we could get rid of R1769 (NC) to save some space on the board for
other stuff.

Rene

[1] http://people.openmoko.org/tony_tu/GTA02/hardware/GTA02/CT-GTA02.pdf
[2] http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/bq27000.pdf