[gta02-core] last missing symbols

Dave Ball openmoko at underhand.org
Mon Jun 8 18:40:58 CEST 2009

Rene Harder wrote:
> Dave Ball wrote:
>
>> Where these have multiple uses, it would be good to list all the uses,
>> as we have on the CPU.  This makes it easier if we decide to change
>> our use of the device, and allows for re-use in a different circuit.
>> Some of these pins have three or more possible uses (such as
>> P17/GPSMODE5/SCK1, P20/TIMEPULSE/SCK2) and it would be good to list
>> them all.
>>

> Well that's the question, as far as I understood the atr0635 comes with
> the ublox firmware preinstalled. You would only need the other pin
> functions if  you remove the ublox firmware and write your own. But if
> you write your own firmware, you'll probably give the pins a different
> function so you have to redo the symbol anyways.

My understanding from a quick read of the datasheet was that the
function of these pins could be set/changed by config of the GPSMODE
lines, or through s/w initialisation after boot.  It's always possible
I've miss-understood this of course. :-)

It also strikes me that the datasheet seems intended for the device
including the ublox firmware, so it would be weird for them to include
the alternate uses if they don't apply to use with that firmware.
Though after the fun with the 2442 docs, this wouldn't be too surprising!

Werner: What would you expect to see on these pins?

Cheers,
Dave